sexta-feira, 14 de agosto de 2015

to mr. know-it-all

I can see you walking down the hallway with your all made up authenticity. I can see you trying so hard not to be like everyone else -- just like everyone else is doing.
For a long time I’ve be curious whether you were shy or arrogant. I guess you were just focused on proving to yourself that you are doing it right - you know - being different, being original.
The shitty thing is that no one really cares if you’re an original person or not -- they are deeply engaged in their own journey towards originality.
Why can’t we be alike? Why does everybody need to be special?
I believe we are in the same boat, though. Everyone in the same boat… It would be fun if it wasn’t sinking, darling!
Would you die in an original, special way?
I’m sorry, I don’t need you to try to make sense of my questions. It doesn’t make sense, it doesn’t have to. I don’t want you to understand me, silly boy. That would mean that we have something in common, and - hell no - you’ll let yourself have something in common with me. But, listen, don’t act like you know better, like you’re totally aware of your decisions. You’re not supposed to lie, are you? I guess you’re not, since you didn’t even try to pretend you like me.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário